Nylas Workflows help you quickly build integrations by making it easier to work with common scenarios. For example, instead of needing to build out a separate event and reminder application, use our create event reminder workflow to combine them into one API call.
- Create Event Reminder - Create a calendar event and then send reminders for the event using email, SMS, or webhooks.
- Omni Channel Reminder - Send reminders using email, SMS, or webhooks.
There are 3 ways to notify your users of events:
You can create multiple reminders and different types of reminders to fit your needs.
SMS reminders send out reminders to your user’s phone numbers. When adding event participants, if you want to send SMS reminders, the phone number must be added. Currently, only North American phone numbers are supported. Review the supported carriers for the most up to date information.
With webhook reminders, you can integrate with any system that uses webhook URLs. If you want to use webhooks reminders for Teams or Slack, there are a few extra steps.
The Teams administrator will need to set up incoming webhooks. Once complete, add the webhook URL to the create-event-reminder template.
The Slack administrator will need to set up incoming webhooks. Once complete, add the webhook URL to the create-event-reminder template.
Email reminders support file attachments and message tracking webhooks. To attach a file, first, upload the file, then reference the file ID.
To receive message tracking notifications, subscribe to the message tracking webhooks.
There are 2 ways you can track your workflow status:
Webhooks - Use webhooks for
event.created and message tracking.
Get Workflows - To see if the workflow is running.
If you want to get a notification that an event has been created subscribe to the event.created webhook. If you have added message tracking and want to get notified of message events, subscribe to the message tracking.
SMS and Webhook Reminders
There are no webhooks for SMS and Webhook reminders.
You can use the Get Webhook or Get Webhook by ID endpoints to see if a workflow is running or not. You must be subscribed to webhooks before you can get the workflow status.
Workflows can have the following statuses:
open- Workflow is running
closed- Workflow has stopped
- Workflows can not be stopped or edited.
- You can add multiple reminders using multiple methods.
- Workflows are accessible using the Get Webhooks and Get Webhook by ID for 30 days.
- Failed and successful webhooks will have a closed status.
- SMS can only be sent to North American phone numbers. See Supported Carriers for more.
- To use message tracking, you need to subscribe to message webhooks.
Updated 4 days ago