Nylas Scheduler provides the fastest way to add full calendar functionality to your application, allowing your users to create highly-customizable scheduling pages. Now attendees and organizers can easily view availability and book meetings using your application without needing third-party scheduling solutions.
While the Nylas Calendar APIs make it possible to build powerful event scheduling flows that leverage your users' calendars, we've found developers want a simpler way to integrate powerful scheduling into their application without needing to focus on finding availability, identifying timezones, handling booking confirmation and cancellations, and more. To make integration easier, the Nylas Scheduler provides this functionality out of the box in a pre-built, customizable user interface.
There are two main components to the Nylas Scheduler:
- Schedule Editor: The Schedule Editor enables meeting organizers to create and edit scheduling pages. They can also adjust dozens of details, including custom availability and the general look and feel of the scheduling page.
- Scheduling Page: A pre-built, customizable web page where attendees can easily book meetings with organizers.
The Nylas Scheduler is a complete scheduling solution packed with features:
- Theme Customization & Whitelabeling: Provides a seamless, in-app integration that fully matches your branding and product UI. You can update Company Logo, Company Name, Event Duration, Event Title, Timezone, Theme Colors, Date and Time Format, Custom Submit Button Text, Custom Redirect, and Custom Thank You Text.
- AutoSchedule✨: Makes it easy for attendees share their availability so they can easily book conflict-free events.
- Custom Fields: Allows organizers to collect additional information from attendees before they can book an event. Examples include custom input types like phone number, text boxes, dropdown selectors, and more.
- Email Notifications: For booking confirmations, cancellations, and reschedules - including event details and instructions for attendees.
- Metadata Support: Allows you to send application-specific data to create a seamless booking experience and associate user actions with your application data.
- Reminders & Webhook Notifications: To receive reminders for upcoming meetings and notifications for scheduled events.
- Responsive Design: Attendees can book events on a Scheduling Page that renders beautifully across devices, whether it's on desktop or mobile.
- Timezone Detection and Customization: Makes it easy for attendees to book times based on their own timezone.
- Realtime, two-way Calendar Sync: Means you'll never have to deal with scheduling conflicts again.
- Round Robin Scheduling: Determines how bookings are assigned when multiple calendars are used. You can choose to maximize fairness or availability when using round robin scheduling.
- Advanced Settings: Give you maximum control over how and when events are scheduled. Includes configurable duration, minimum notice for an event, cancellation policies, opening hours, manual confirmation, scheduling page expiration, and more.
Below you'll find documentation, sample code, and other resources to help you get started with the Nylas Scheduler.
Sign up for your Nylas developer account, and follow our guide to get your API keys and authorize your first account. When you complete this guide, you will get an access token that you need later.
Then, follow these steps to setup the Nylas Scheduler
- Save the code below as an HTML file, for example:
ACCESS_TOKENin the HTML file with the access token you retrieved in step 1.
- Open the HTML file in your web browser.
- Click the button "Open Schedule Editor".
That's it! Now you have access to the schedule editor and can create your own scheduling page.
Here is the HTML you need to implement the Nylas Scheduler.
By embedding the schedule editor in your application, you are empowering your users create, manage, and customize their own scheduling pages based on their availability.
You can customize the look and feel of the schedule editor so that it matches your application and feels like a native experience to your end-users.
→ Learn how to integrate the schedule editor with your app.
Once a user has created a scheduling page using the schedule editor, a unique link will be generated that they can share with people who want to book an event with them. Visitors can then select a time based on the Organizer's availability to book a time.
You can set a default theme and logo for the scheduling page if you already have that information in your application for a specific user. Users can further customize the look at feel of their own scheduling pages, modifying the logo, title, and theme color, by adjusting their settings in the schedule editor for the specific page.
→ Learn more about the user experience when creating scheduling pages and booking meetings.
You can customize the look and feel, in addition to many other options, of both the schedule editor and scheduling page.
→ Learn about whitelabeling options and configurable fields.
Scheduler webhooks allow you to build custom logic into your application for upcoming bookings. For example, your application could send a custom reminder to both parties a few hours before the scheduled meeting with links to resources in your application.
→ Start receiving webhooks for Scheduler.
- NodeJS Hosted Auth + Scheduling: A NodeJS / TypeScript example that showcases both instant and smart integration types. Also demonstrates how to theme the schedule editor to match your application.
- Python Hosted Auth + Scheduling: A Python example that showcases both instant and smart integration types. Also demonstrates how to theme the schedule editor to match your application.
Updated about a year ago